Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Peek at My Week and Our Morning Routine

I don't know about you all, but after 4 weeks I FINALLY feel like I'm back in the swing of things. Obviously I'm not on time with my plans (2 days late...whoops!), but at least I have them haha!

I'm linking up with Mrs. Wills Kindergarten for a Peek at my Week!


Here are my lesson plans for this week. We didn't have school Monday and had a late start day Wednesday, so the kids are all kinds of crazy this week!



I am finishing up with our basic routines/procedural stuff this week and am excited to be diving into more detailed curriculum next week!!

I thought that I would share with you what we do for our morning routine each day in kindergarten!

My kiddos each have their own hook to hang their backpack on. We are also still lucky enough to have a short rest time in the afternoon, and the kiddos are allowed to bring a small blanket if they want to that they keep in a white bucket under their backpack (dollar store find!).


They also place their lunchboxes in our red bucket. Since I do not take my students to lunch, having all the lunchboxes in one place makes the transition way easier for my lunch helper!


Then, they show me their folder for notes/papers/money, and put it in their mailbox. 


Next, they make their lunch choice. This is a craft stick with the child's name on it. They place it in the appropriate cup (lunch from home or lunch at school). Then if they buy lunch, they take their stick with them that has their pin number on it! You can get these labels for free here!


Last, they usually have one piece of morning work to finish. This week, we are working on DeeDee Wills' Community Helpers Read, Trace, Glue, and Draw. I have ALL of her RTG&D packs and use them for morning work all year long!

Community Helpers: Read, Trace, Glue, and Draw

This saves me from having to give directions everyday of what to do. It also helps my kiddos with their handwriting, cutting, gluing, and illustrations. It's also cute to see as the year goes on how they are able to start reading the sentences on their own!




I generally sit with one table each morning (if I can) and talk them through letter formation!

The kids work until they hear my morning song. It's super cute if you need a culturally responsive song :)


It's called Global Wonders and teaches the kiddos how to say hello and goodbye in a bunch of different languages. We practice different ones each day!

I'll be sharing about the other parts of our day in posts soon!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover