Monday, September 26, 2011

Crazy for Apples!

This week we are doing all kinds of apple activities! And I don't know what I would have done if I did not have the wonderful ideas that I found out in blogworld.

First, I found some AWESOME activities for my math tubs at The First Grade Parade.

I printed out her 3-Way Apple Math and Odds and Evens Apple Trees on cadstock and laminated them. I put them in the math tubs with "I CAN" instructions and I cannot wait for the kids to see these when we do math tubs on Wednesday! How did you know this is exactly what my students are working on :)

In addition to these activities, I also found the cutest Counting by 5's apple activity, where the students order the numbers counting by 5's to 100. Thanks to Mrs. Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching for this one!

I also created an activity using apples as a nonstandard unit of measurement for length and width and a graphing activity in which the students use an apple spinner and graph their color results.

I have really fun Language Arts, Science and Social Studies activities we are doing later this week, so I will be sure to update!

Happy almost Tuesday :)
Sarah

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover